- Amarante Champs-Elysées
- Meetings & Seminars
- Offers & Packages
- Photo Gallery
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Edward Hopper Exhibition Paris: Until 28 January 2013
November 6th, 2012
Edward Hopper Exhibition in the Grand Palais:
Between now and the 28th January 2013 the Grand Palais is showcasing a comprehensive exhibition of Edward Hopper's finest work.
This retrospective lays out the two main periods of his exceptional work; his formative period (1900 - 1924) and his mature period (up to 1966).
The formative part of the exhibition examines Hopper's earlier work and compares this with those of his contemporaries, along with a variety of other Parisian influences. His mature period, widely considered to contain some of the finest examples of American Realism, concentrates on Hopper's evolvement and emergence as one of the greatest artists of his generation.
The exhibition delves into complexities of his work and analyses the various ways in which he has been interpreted over the years.
Hopper in Paris Vs Hopper in America
The start of Hopper's career owes a great deal to the early development of his style during his time in Paris. The artist spent much of 1906 in the city, along with shorter stays towards the end of the decade. Hopper was rightly influenced by the surroundings, and of other artists such as Manet and Degas. With Degas in particular emerging from the delicacy of Hopper's angles, symmetry - and of course - his flair for poetic dramatisation.
Whilst in Paris, Hopper spent time exploring impressionism and styled his techniques to explore the pleasure and harmonious balance. Back in America, the artist embraced the Ashcan School - of which he was a founder member. It was perhaps this collision of styles that drew out Hopper's version of American Realism, producing some of the most celebrated works ever created.
Visit the Exhibition
The Galeries nationales is located just off the Champs-Elysées and located just a few minutes walk from the Hotel Champs Elysees.
If you are planning a visit to the exhibition, or any of the
fantastic exhibitions going on in Paris, the Hotel Champs Elysees
will be happy to ensure that you are accommodated.
Edward Hopper Exhibition
Galeries nationales (Grand palais, Champs-Elysées)
3, avenue du Général Eisenhower
- Grand Reopening of Musée Picasso set for 25th October
- Take in the Best Paris Museums – for Free
- A Look at the Annual Paris Fashion Shows
- Culinary Demonstrations at Le Cordon Bleu
- Papier Glacé Fashion Photography Exhibition at Palais Galleria
- Cartier: Style and History, An Exhibition in Paris’ National Galleries
- New Year’s Eve on the Champs-Élysées, Paris
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- The Sisters of Napoleon: An Exhibition at Musée Marmottan Monet
- Paris 2013 with Amarante Champs Elysees
- Edward Hopper Exhibition Paris: Until 28 January 2013
- Autumn Break in Paris
- Advance Booking Paris Hotel Offer