- Amarante Champs-Elysées
- Meetings & Seminars
- Offers & Packages
- Photo Gallery
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Cartier: Style and History in Paris from 4th December
January 1st, 2014
Cartier is a jeweller with a sparkling reputation for creating the finest in decorative pieces. Cartier: Style and History will delve into the pivotal role the jeweller has had in the development of the arts. It will explore its diverse collection of creations, including the classical, the modern and the royal. Some 500 pieces of exquisite jewellery will be showcased at the exhibition, while paintings, posters and furniture will also be displayed.
The House of Cartier's Royal Connections and Symbolic Designs
The Panther is an image present throughout the works and is perhaps the House of Cartier's most iconic symbol. It first appeared in 1914 as a subtle arrangement of gems on a watch, and has since gone on to feature across the range. In 1933 Jeanne Toussaint was elected Director of Fine Jewellery and the men around her were astonished by her confidence, ambition and grace. For this reason, for the first time ever, femininity was explored through the panther and it came to appear on necklaces, broaches and bracelets. The Panther was a design fiercely desired, so much so that it was ordered in form of a bracelet by Wallis Simpson, who married Edward VIII and became the Duchess of Windsor.
Paris has been a place of boutiques for centuries, and has long attracted admirers of fashion and decoration. The Grand Palais is an imposing exhibitor of garment design, contemporary art and French antiques that brings boutique culture under one glass roof. It is situated just off the Champs-Élysées on the Avenue Franklin Delano Roosevelt and is home to the National Galleries, where the Cartier exhibition will be held.
- A Look at the Annual Paris Fashion Shows
- Culinary Demonstrations at Le Cordon Bleu
- Papier Glacé Fashion Photography Exhibition at Palais Galleria
- Cartier: Style and History, An Exhibition in Paris’ National Galleries
- New Year’s Eve on the Champs-Élysées, Paris
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- The Sisters of Napoleon: An Exhibition at Musée Marmottan Monet (1)
- Paris 2013 with Amarante Champs Elysees
- Edward Hopper Exhibition Paris: Until 28 January 2013
- Autumn Break in Paris
- Advance Booking Paris Hotel Offer